Effective since: May 25th 2018
Pursuant to Article 13 and 14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such ("GDPR"), any time personal data are processed (e.g. surname, first name, photo, email address, IP address, etc.), the user must be informed thereof.
1. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA?
The FFPE is the controller of your personal data.
Here is our complete contact information:
FFPE – European Commission
70, Rue Joseph II
Belgian ASBL registry number: 877.266.713
2. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We collect your data - personal or otherwise - for various reasons which are defined in the following point (see point 3). It includes the following data:
• Your identifying information (surname, first name, contact data, professional data).
• For the purpose of electronic payments we collect your preferred payment method. In case you pay via a third party payment processor regarding the payment of your fees you provide your financial account information which is transmitted to the payment processor but is not stored in our system;
• Our communications (by email).
• Any other data that you would communicate to us.
3. WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
We collect your data mainly to register your membership to the FFPE and/or access to services offered by the FFPE (including trainings), send our members' newsletters and information, improve our service and, more generally, to easily communicate with you.
4. HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
Your data is communicated to us by your active intervention. This is the case when you send us your identifying data to register as a member or to enrol for a particular activity or service.
5. ARE YOUR DATA PROTECTED?
6. WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR DATA AND TO WHOM ARE THEY COMMUNICATED?
Our employees and subcontractors have access to your data only to the extent necessary for processing your registration and/or for fulfilling the objectives pursued (see point 3). Each of them is subject to a strict obligation of confidentiality. The FFPE do not have automated decision making processes.
We do not transfer your data to a non-EU country.
7. HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
We keep your data for the time necessary to accomplish the objectives pursued (see point 3).
In case of financial data, we are obliged by law to maintain them for a maximum duration of seven (7) years.
8. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW CAN THEY BE EXERCISED?
You may, at any time, request to verify access, rectify, delete and object to the use of your data hold by the FFPE, as well as request the limitation of such use of your data. To do so, simply send us an email at the following address:
We will then make every effort to take the necessary action as soon as possible.
Please note that general newsletters are sent to all staff via mailing list which is under the control of DG HR and, therefore the FFPE is not in a position to modify such list.
In accordance with the GDPR, you can also lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority of Belgium (www.dataprotectionauthority.be).